Monday, August 08, 2005

Charity the right way

Damn... finally really have to go out. Coz my resources (maggie mee, potato chips, biscuits, more chips, eggs...) is running low, Been trying to avoid the haze for days by trying to be "Guai Zai" (Good Kid) by staying at home reading my "Law Of Success". By the way, MPH is having sale, they have very good deals, great books like "7 habits of highly effective people" are having 25% off.

I dropped by Maybank to get some money. When I was on my way out after withdrawing my money, 2 person nearby the door walk towards me, one from the left and one from the right. That immediately triggers my self defence mechanism. The fastest way to knock out two person at the same time is to jump up to human height and kick their face with each of my leg. Obviously I won't be able to do that now, may be I'll regret for stopping my shao lin classes ten years ago, but the best thing to do now is to RUN THE HELL OUT OF HERE ! Before I can lift my leg and start running, the two person said "Mr. want buy this ar ? for the name of CHARITY !

WTF, these people getting smarter and smarter, at the same time, annoying too. They are faster than the government, faster than the robber, faster than your gf. Before you realized they are already there to tax your monthly hard earn money. While I turn my head and say no, I saw another group near by doing the same thing. That group selling different stuff, I suppose is a different company.

Now if you didn't realize what this is all about and why I refuse to donate in the name of charity, check out this article in The star-->
100% to charity? Think again.

It's not a new thing that private company using the name of charity to do business and the news were out quite some time ago. Only 10% of the ammount collected from public goes to charity. The rest 90% will be spread among the company and the person who sold you the stuff, whatever it is, be it a bookmark, pen or pokemon. For the 10% (10cent) National Kidney Foundation’s (NKF) receive from these company, they got RM8,000 per month. NOW PLEASE do some simple calculation and thinking, RM8K for 10%, the 90% portion they earn per month is RM72,000!! HELLO PEOPLE ~ See where your money goes? You are basically doing these healthy opportunists more "CHARITY" than those who really need it.

If you have lots of money, and feel like doing some charity, please go to or and click for "Bloggers Are Morons/Hospice-At-Home-Programme, Penang branch (under the Malaysia National Cancer Society)" . Coz 100% of the money you donate will go to the chosen charity party. For this case, it is The National Cancer Society of Malaysia, Penang Branch, (HHP). But bear in mind the campaign gonna end soon, so please be hurry. If too bad and you missed the campaign and still have tons of money to get rid of, please contact WWF malaysia , or National Cancer Council (Makna).

We definitely do not need a middle man for doing charity. Please don't let these people take advantage in the name of charity.

By the way, if after charity and you still got money to spend, I'm always free for breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea break, supper or shopping (^.~)


Post a Comment

<< Home