Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Why idiots are so important

Because they make our life so much fun. Because they gave me another topic to blog on.

If looking at the bright side, rather than get irritated, they are just simply the best entertainer in the world. Like this Idian aunty. But today I'll rather focus on the internet hoax. It was last year when we went to visit a KFC near my house. G : KFC? Nooooooooo Wayyyyy ~ Me : Huh? Yes way ~ G : You didn't read the forwarded email about KFC? Me : *OMG, Not another HIGHLY EDUCATED FIRST CLASS DEGREE HOLDER idiot again ! * For you guys that have no idea what it is about, read here. http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/kfc.asp It's a circulated hoax like, 6-7 years ago. It doesn't need me to do a google research or further verification, my COMMON SENSE already tell me it's a hoax. But not for G, G keep convincing me that the chicken is "genetically manipulated organisms", explaining how they do it and it would kill me if I ate too much. Like G is one of the scientist that develop the technology, coz G knows so much about it. Michael Tierney, KFC's director of public affairs said "Any thinking adult would know it's absolutely absurd." Me : Ever use your intelligent and figured out it's hoax? G : *A few seconds silence* Me : *Ordered my KFC during the silence* G : But... they have pictures! Me : I"ll teach you photoshop tomorrow, you can create your own genetically manipulated organisms using ducks as well. G : Ah~Chi~ Ah~Chor *start debate session* Me : -_-" One of my all time favorite is "The Left-Handed Whopper"
"In 1998 Burger King published a full page advertisement in USA Today announcing the introduction of a new item to their menu: a "Left-Handed Whopper" specially designed for the 32 million left-handed Americans. According to the advertisement, the new whopper included the same ingredients as the original Whopper (lettuce, tomato, hamburger patty, etc.), but all the condiments were rotated 180 degrees for the benefit of their left-handed customers. The following day Burger King issued a follow-up release revealing that although the Left-Handed Whopper was a hoax, thousands of customers had gone into restaurants to request the new sandwich. Simultaneously, according to the press release, "many others requested their own 'right handed' version."

Like it make any difference when you put it into your mouth or goes into your stomach, or the taste is different. No I don't need a Left-Handed Whopper, but I would really appreciate if the college I use to attend have chairs designed for left handers in their lecture hall. Imagine if you are right handed and all the chairs' writing table are installed on the left side, keeping your hand hanging in the air. Though I kinda use to it, but when lazy strikes me I'll just put my left hand on the writing table beside me while copying the forever unfinished notes. Now I would love to have a check book designed for left handers. Another hoax that stirred people's attention lately is the Boilerplate. Yes, people fall for it again, like the previous news about the hoax wasn't heard, and normally idiots choose to believe hoax rather than truth. I like this boilerplate a lot, especially the photoshoped pictures, even historian fall for the hoax, see how detailed the hoax was structured.


Cute mechanical man huh ? The almost perfect photoshoped picture. For more fun, go google "hoax site". Then during yam cha session, tell your buddies about it, you'll be amazed their IQ will allow them to believe the hoax... hehe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home