Sunday, April 30, 2006

Efficiency

Friday 21/4/06
Interview by HR senior manager, my future bosses and colleague.

Monday 24/4/06
Got called from HR senior manager, I'm hired. Start work on Wednesday 26/4/06.

Wah... talk about efficiency, like, my previous company took total of 2 month plus before they could hire me. Not like they have 100 people to interview, as far as I know they have only 3. My friend says "Big company is like that..." But my new company is also one of the top performing company WORDLWIDE. That's good, I hate to work with people who procrastinate.

Wednesday 26/4/06MY first day at work.
The first two person that I know once I step into the office is leaving the company next week. I was like "huh?! -_-"" and my boss like "Move move... let's go to the next person..." After get to know the people around, whom I think I forgot 50% of their names, got myself a few thick documents to read for the next few days before my system is set up.

When the very much anticipated first lunch come, normally it would be some welcoming party/lunch or something, like the one I had in my previous company, who knows it ends up to be a FAREWELL lunch, coz the HR senior manager who hire me is leaving. Now this is really efficient, either hire or resign, they all did it much faster than anyone else. I was really amazed.

Later in the day, there was a meeting held by the HR with newbies. Most of them worked more than 2 weeks and above, when they ask me how long I was here, without much thinking I say: "a few hours... " Everyone broke into laughter. May be I should say "more than 300 minutes" to make it sound longer.

Friday 28/4/06
Another farewell lunch. Technically I'm not part of the lunch group coz I was sitting outside secret recipe with my boss, having natural sauna in nicotine steam. The marble cheesecake was one of the worst I ever tasted. I wonder they ever have any QA done on their cakes nowadays. Not that I anti-social nor love having natural sauna under sunshade, I would really love to join my new colleagues, coz it's a totally different world to me.


My previous company was a manufacturing company, a place where 7 out of 10 are guys, another one is gay or confused, 1 is married woman and 1 is begging someone to marry her. At the end some guys actually went to marry the operator, that’s where the girls are. But now in my new company, 8 out of 10 are girls, 1 is the guy who helped setting up my PC and another is me. I can almost count all the guys in the company with 10 fingers, may be there are more, but I don't have the habit of looking at guys anyway. For people who do engineering, having more girls than guys in working place is a dream far beyond reach. The environment is so bad that I saw lots of nice, handsome, rich (oh yeah, no gf & never pat tor b4, that's why so rich) guys end up alone till 30 something. I even had a senior who ask me how to get a gf for the return of him teaching me work related stuff. That's so pathetic, but I heard he finally got a gf last year.

I nearly choke with my cheesecake when my boss told me to be careful with office romance, coz she knows where I’m from. Damn, I'll never send my son to do engineering in future, the all man environment makes any guy in there look like ham sap desperado. I no need to get into an all girls company in order to get a gf la, sound so much like a looser. They should have a column in the job application form that sounds like "Do you have a gf/bf? Yes/No " for me to happily CIRCLE+UNDERLINE+HIGHLIGHT the Yes !

Somehow I got the feeling that my engineering friends gonna force me to introduce girls to them when they saw this post. Let me see, how much they charge nowadays? RM1000 for each successful couple? Anyone interested to open a match making company? I can provide stocks :P



7 Comments:

Blogger lunaticgal said...

new job? engineer???
hmrph.....wonder how old u r...
ngek i go check profile.

12:32 AM  
Blogger koekoe said...

each successful couple will be charged 1k??? whoaaaaa

u won't earn if u get a client like me XD picky n cunning

2:07 PM  
Blogger way said...

lunaticgal : wah.. i'll make sure my profile doesn't show that.. hehe... nope.. not engineer.. i had enough of that.. doing something else..

koekoe : nvm, i got plenty of stocks, customer satisfaction guaranteed :P

8:42 AM  
Blogger JBY said...

Hmm... Maybe i can be your customer :p

Found my way here through lunaticgal's blog :)

2:58 PM  
Blogger way said...

wah.... ok ok.. give u big discount.. since u r the first customer.. :P

1:05 AM  
Blogger - said...

hahaha customer satu aje, mana ada banyak stok? :P

4:25 AM  
Blogger way said...

ada... stok itu simpan kat warehouse :P compani baru buka, tentu customer tak banyak..

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home